This week's podcast is with Alison Reed Life and Fertility Coach who came to her profession due her own journey of 5 years of issues conceiving which took 5 years until she was blessed with her twin girls who have now turned 4 years old.
As high achieving woman we pride ourselves on getting a job done and our life's plan ticked off. We look at women like Serena Williams who embody this ideal image of pregnancy. The media and movies would have us believe that once we meet our Prince Charming we can get pregnant just like that. When a pregnancy doesn't happen, what do we do?
This conversation with Alison was very enlightening to me as I was unaware that 1 in 6 couples are now having issues with fertility.
The impact of fertility related problems is often underestimated, misunderstood and under supported. Struggling to conceive and have a baby can literally consume day to day life beyond recognition. It can bring you to places both mentally and physically that you thought you would never be. It can require big decisions to be made with big implications, and to top it all off it can unearth a huge range of emotions. - Alison Reed
Alison's tips for helping with fertility issues:
- Focus on what you can control - How you think, focus on supporting yourself physically and mentally
- Emphasis the good stuff in your lifestyle to bring down your stress levels such as yoga, meditation and other self care practices that support you on this journey even in the face of adversity.
- Develop your mental fitness to enhance your quality of life
- Think holistically mind and body not just your reproductive system.
- Lead from the front and take your fertility into your own hands.
- Alison Domar's Mind Body Medicine based in the US.
- Natural Infertility Support and Information Group
You can check out Alison's at www.alisonreedcoaching.com
To read about my work helping woman to get pregnant naturally in my Preconception Care Programme you can read my blog My work in Preconception Care Chose Me