Water distillers are for people who are either in rented accommodation or who would prefer the system of water distillation to an inbuilt under the counter system such as reverse osmosis system. I have both. When I first heard that water contained fluoride, I became very careful and wanted to make sure that when I travelled, I would have access to clean safe water. In my kitchen I have a reverse osmosis system underneath my kitchen sink that filters my water and I also have a water distiller.
Distilled water is water in its purest form. When water is boiled, steam rises and the water vapour that comes out is condensed back into water. All contaminants such as pesticides, herbicides, chlorines and fluoride are removed. What is left behind in the distiller are contaminants and inorganic minerals that the body cannot use.
Distilled water does taste different but this is because of its negative electrical charge. However, once it is ingested, it creates a more alkaline environment. Negative ions are alkaline forming and help to draw out the more positively charged acidic waste products from the body. I find that once you add a slice of lemon or lime the water tastes fine. It takes 4-5 hours to make 8 pints of water. The water distiller can be turned on when you are out at work and it turns itself off once the water distiller is empty.
Some people ask if they will become demineralised if they drink distilled water. We get enough minerals from our food and the minerals in the water are in an inorganic form that the body finds difficult to use. The water from the water distiller is very clear and what is left in the distiller itself are contaminants and inorganic minerals. I had to use a wire scrub to clean the base and the sides of the distiller. After 8 pints of water I put what was left in the distiller into a jar to give you an idea of what is left behind. I repeated this a few times and got the same result. Try it yourself and see what happens.